Adding Slack to Netumo
To add slack as one of your notification modes:
1. Click on the button ‘Add to Slack’ which is found in the ‘Notification Integrations’ page.
2. When you press the button, this will take you to the slack login page where you can login to your workspace.
3. When you enter your workspace, the following screen appears. Click on ‘allow’ so that you can receive notifications from Netumo on Slack.
4. After you click on ‘allow’, you will go back to Netumo where you should find a success message.
5. The final step is to add Netumo to the slack channel of your choice.
Firstly, make sure you have created a designated channel for Netumo to send you notifications in. If you have a channel, add Netumo as an app by clicking on the channel name and you should access the channel information as shown below:
Next, click on Integrations and click on ‘Add an App’ and you should get the following on the screen:
Click on ‘Add’ to add Netumo to your channel.
6. The final step is to enable messages to go to the designated netumo channel.
- Enter the name of the channel under Slack Channel.
- Alternatively, you can enable messages from Slack by going to the channel designated for Netumo and typing in ‘/setchannel’ and in turn, Slack should show you a message saying ‘Slack Channel updated successfully on Netumo’.
When all the above steps are completed, you are good to go to receive unlimited notifications on Slack.
Note: Private Slack channels are not supported.